John Deere 1025r Snow Blower welcome to our website for the latest compact tractor reviews, ratings, prices, and comparisons.
The John Deere 1025 R Sub-Compact utility Tractor is undoubtedly well and truly up to the high standard of appearance that John Deere has become famous for.
Although small the small 24HP (17.7 KW) tractor seems powerful for its size and ready for work. The 1025 R is powered by a 3-cylinder Yanmar engine of 24.2 hp (17.8 KW).
Although only small engines in this series have been developed to meet the environmental requirements of the Tier-4 Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), featuring low levels of exhaust and emissions.
John Deere 1025r Review
The John Deere 1025 R engine is located in its own compartment under the large lifting hood and behind the radiator and cooling system.
As soon as the engine is fired in life, it becomes apparent the insulated area of the engine compartment greatly reduces the amount of noise resonant under the hood.
At no time during my test do I need to rev the guts out of the little Yanmar motor to generate sufficient power to the mower or hydraulic oil flow to operate the tools, whether it be the frontend loader, backhoe, or lawnmower.
I really appreciate that John Deere has resisted the tendency to more complicate simple procedures on new machines.
Starting this model is very predictable – simply place the Hydrostatic gear selector switch in the neutral position and turn the key.
I accept that security should be considered, but I hate it when I have to work my way through endless steps, carried out in a particular order, just to get started.
Read more: John Deere 1025r Weight
A 12-volt electrical system and heat plugs, for cold weather start, will provide the 1025 R with formidable boot reliability in all situations.
Choose between high or low speed on the speed selector mounted on the left side, set the desired RPM, and placing a foot on the front or rear steering pedal is all that is needed to move is not rocket science.
Other controls include the four-wheel-drive selector, Mid-mount, and rear PTO options that can be used as rear or intermediate mounts individually or both can be operated simultaneously.
The three-point rear link arms (TPL) can be mounted with the control lever installed next to the operator’s seat.
The lifting capacity of the 1025 R is not huge but useful at 309 kg. A practical addition that was once reserved for the larger members of the family is a link drop controller that regulates the speed of the descent preventing excessive stress on man and machine.
John Deere 1025r Tractor
On the 1025 R, a Dual Mid-SCV, [selective control Valve] which is standard equipment, operates the optional independent loader and lifting kit for the medium-mount mower.
This is an area I would like to see John Deere re-evaluate because it requires a front loader hydraulic hose being disconnected and the clipper hose plugged in and visa-poured every time I switched between mowing and loader work.
On the other hand, the connection point is difficult to access for anyone who has larger hands than a five-year-old and the mower and the frontend loader cannot be used at the same time.
There’s a gap here that I can’t avoid revealing. Climbing aboard and entering the operator’s seat proves a real nightmare. It’s not just annoying but dangerous.
The shape of the ROPS (rollover protection system) leaves very little space onboard the machine. Just getting into the operator’s seat meant me threading through the ROPS and around the control levers of the backhoe.
But every time I do this, I find that I accidentally bumped the levers and sent the backhoe into the involuntary movement.
Sometimes I feel as if an injury could have happened easily if I had had my hand on the backhoe during one of these unwanted movements.
Simply straightening the ROPS would provide the extra space needed to embark on a much easier and safer way.
But once onboard, there is plenty of room for the legs to sit comfortably and all the controls are set up for easy access operation.
Keep in mind that if you keep on the slopes and the lawns the ride will be smooth, but in the paddock or rough ground the small wheels and tires, 18x 8.5-10 R4 front and 26×12-12 R4 rear, combined with a wheelbase of 1, 450MM provide a lap of shaking Bone enough.
This is not a complaint limited to this factor’s particular model, it is consistent with all machines of similar size.
The whole mower may be the best lap. Just drive directly on top and the PTO automatically slips in place and the hitch points lock. The removal is just as easy to do by releasing the locking pins and inverting them.
I discovered the only requirement to help this process is to engage a four-wheel drive, which allows the wheels before grabbing the deck of the mower and driving on more rather than just pushing the deck around in front of the tractor.
I put the mower through different degrees of operation, i.e. long or short grass, and found that it performed very well.
In the rough soil, the bridge tends to bounce and bite in a bit, but I found this is easily prevented by lowering the anti-scalp wheels on the deck.
Setting the motor to about 2, 200RPM provides enough power to drive the mower in most conditions.
I give a great tick for Clippers easy tethering/Detaching and overall performance. The front loader and backhoe would seem to possess the manufacturing quality I grew to expect from John Deere.
Read more: John Deere Gator 825i S4
After a day of digging holes, digging gravel, and pushing the tree branches into a pile, I am well and truly convinced that this small working horse can play as well as any other machine I have driven in this class.
Engaging 4WD provided the 1025 R this little extra thrust to effortlessly slip into a pile of slag and fill the bucket in one attempt.
With a full bucket, I maneuvered with ease through a variety of twists, and moving my foot from one-directional pedal to the other makes an extremely smooth transition from the front to the opposite.
While driving the approximately 1025 R with a complete bucket, I have to use proper care because at only 655kg it tends to want to lift a wheel inside while turning, but at no stage do I feel at risk of tipping.
On the one hand, I’m really rapt with the performance of the loader, but while detaching it from the tractor, it quickly became apparent that there is a requirement in the uncoupling process that will bore the hell out of me and I suspect you as well.
The activation of the mechanical decoupling steps of the charger is great. Simply lower the charger to place the pressure on the mounting assembly, then from the driver’s seat lift two unlocking levers while the charger is lifted, it detaches and is left resting on its stands.
However. While backing I almost ripped off a network of electrical wiring installed to activate the mechanism that prevents the bucket from tipping its load back to the operator while the charger raises to the full extension.
I immediately turned off the engine and put on disconnecting all the electrical plugs controlling the various operations.
Unfortunately, and oddly enough, there are no identifiable markings on identical plugs to indicate which ones connect in which when the charger is turned on.
There are two ways to solve this, either incorporating each yarn into a single bank plug or making the electronics disappear and using a more mechanical approach.
John Deere 1025r Specs
- John Deere Quik-Knect
- Click the PTO-driven tool (115 HP or less) to the back of your tractor in an easy way.
- Appendix Load-N-Go John Deere
- Lift and service Drive-over 60D AutoConnect Dek Cutter ™ You easily with a simple connection to the front loader and lawn mower deck. Compatible with John Deere 1 Series Sub-Compact Utility Tractors and John Deere 2025R. Front loaders are sold separately.
- John Deere AutoConnect Drive-over Mower Deck Comparison ™
- Wait? Compare 1 Series Mower Deck Attachability with Kubota BX Sub-Compact Utility Tractor and Mahindra eMAX Sub-Compact Utility Tractor. Look at what that simple fact really is.
- Compact Utility Tractor Composite Cap
- We design our Simple Utility Tractor Cover for harsh and extreme environments intended for use. We have developed it to be strong and durable. How tough? See what happens if you drop a 8.8 lb (4 kg) shot. Install one of our composite covers at a temperature of – 20 F. (- 28.89 C). Do not do that with a metal lid.
- Engine power (gross)
- SAE J1995 rated power: 17.8 kW
- 23.9 hp
- 24.2 PS
- Power take-off (PTO) power
- 12.8 kW
- 17.2 hp
- Steering hydraulics
- 13.2 L / min
- 3.5 gpm
- Implement hydraulics
- 13.2 L / min
- 3.5 gpm
- Hitch type
- Limited Category 1
- Lift capacity, 24-in. behind link arms
- 344 kg
- 758 lb
- Standard transmission; forward / reverse
- Hydrostatic – two range
- Approximate shipping weight (open-station; cab)
- Open station: 706 kg
- 1556 lb
- Cab: 906 kg
- 1996 lb
- 1450 mm
- 57.1 in.
John Deere 1025r Rims
Subcompact and compact tractors, no matter which brand has common drawbacks. They are too light to be fully effective. Adding weight to this machine can be the most cost-effective performance enhancement.
- Ballast Location
We’ll cover two popular locations for ballast on small tractors. Weight can be added on the 3-point hitch, further behind the rear axle of the tractor. Weights can also be installed around the rear axle of our tractors. Let’s examine the purpose and benefits of each.
- 3 Point Obstacle Attached Ballast
The 3-point hitch ballast is the most effective ballast for the front end loader. This reduces stress on the front axle by using the rear axle as the pivot point. We often discuss 3 point weights on our YouTube channel, and we highly recommend following the recommendations of the owner’s manual for 3 point hitch weights. Check out the Heavy Hitch for our recommended 3 point hitch ballast… don’t forget to use the TTWT code for a 5% discount!
While 3 point weights are essential, this article focuses on a popular second location for ballast…
- Axle-Mounted Ballasts
Another important location for ballast is on or near the rear axle. Rear axle ballast has many advantages:
- Lowered the Center of Gravity (COG) to reduce the danger of tipping. Tipping is a major concern on sub-compact tractors.
- Does not add tension to shafts, 3 point hitch, etc.
- Improve ride quality by reducing ‘bounce’ when driving on rough terrain.
- Increases traction when pulling heavy items (disks, trailers, logs, etc.)
- Axle-Mounted Ballast Types
- There are two main options for axle-mounted ballasts. Wheel weight, or tire fluid. This option is not exclusive. You can select BOTH fluid AND wheel weights to maximize weight on the sub-compact tractor. In fact, I would recommend that you do just that! You’ve probably seen our first 1025R perform some heroic tasks in many of our YouTube episodes. The double dose of axle-mounted weights, both the Rim Guard and the wheel weights gave Johnny the extra push he needed to get the job done.
As such, our 2nd 1025r currently only has Rim Guards for axle-mounted weights. We have three reasons to choose Rim Guard vs. wheel weight.
- Cost. Rim Guard is considerably less expensive than cast iron. This is even more exaggerated by recent rates.
- Troubled. We discovered that once installed, Guard Rim is invisible and out of mind. We don’t have to worry about that. It takes up no space other than useless space in the tire!
- Loyalty. Rim Guard is made from beet juice, grown by North American farmers. Cast Iron comes from China and / or India!
John Deere 1025r Step
- Manufacturer: Mudd’s Customs
- Model: Step Tractor
- Type: Step Tractor
- Price: $ 114.00
This tractor ladder is available to fit the John Deere 1025r, 1023e and 1026r!
- The move includes an integrated trailer fastening point!
- Includes fastening bracket for opposite side!
- There are several sizes!
- Available for open stations or taxis!
- Minimal welding to maximize product strength!
- Sandblasted and powder coated!
- Steps start at $ 114
John Deere 1025r Grill
- Your price: $ 167.84
John Deere 1023E, 1025R and 1026R Compact Utility Tractor Grille
John Deere brand
John Deere 1023E, 1025R and 1026R Compact Utility Tractor Grille
This is only for the black plastic grille. Mesh hardware and screens are available separately.
John Deere 1025r Backhoe
- 260B Backhoe
- Large, easy-to-access steps and hand clips
- Increased valve provides smooth hydraulics for precise control
- Field mount thumb options available
- Stabilizers, boom and swing locks are accessible from the operator’s seat
The 260B Backhoe is designed to have best-in-class features at competitive prices with other backhoes in its class on the market. Competitive units are tested and benchmarked to ensure that John Deere is providing the right product at the right price.
The following list is a high-level overview of the features covered throughout this content:
- The mid-mower deck is compatible to allow for equipment joining to save operator time
- The subframe is durable, which gives the tractor frame and transmission strength and sturdiness
- Protective rubber boots on backhoe controls
- Tool-free installation / removal in minutes (after first install)
- Choice of 20 cm (8 inch), 31 cm (12 inch) and 41 cm (16 inch) digging buckets with replaceable, bolt-on digging teeth and ripper options
- Optional kit such as a rubber walk pad for stabilizer feet
- Optional mechanical and hydraulic backhoe thumbs are available for lifting heavy logs and brush stacks
- The 260B Backhoe has been designed with operator comfort in mind. The features listed below will keep the operator comfortable all day long while working on various projects.
- A strong 3-point standing position can be maintained when installing and removing the backhoe using rollover guard structure (ROPS) grab handles, console grab handles and large stair risers attached to the stabilizer arms.
- The high-back seat provides more comfort for the operator during longer working hours.
- The stabilizers, boom and swing locks are accessible from the operator’s seat and have a built-in storage location when the backhoe is in use.
- An operator platform with non-slip handles is provided.
- All controls are in an ergonomically comfortable position and within easy reach of the operator’s platform when in the backhoe position.
The 260B Backhoe is designed to allow the backhoe to be removed in less than 5 minutes without the need for tools (once pre-installed).
The instructions are also conveniently located on the back of the backhoe to aid in mounting and removing the backhoe.
The instructions below are an abridged version of what can be found in the operator’s manual for installation and removal.
John Deere 1025r Loader
- H120 Loader
- Compatible with 1023E and 1025R
- Quik-Park stands for ease of installation and removal
- 512 pounds (232 kg) of lift capacity
- 71.2 in. (1,809 mm)
- Unique offset head design eliminates cross pins and cotter pins to hold pins.
- The nuts ensure the pins stay in position.
- Lubrication flow provides a path for lubrication.
- The Quik-Park mounting system on the H120 Loader is designed for easy removal and installation to and from the tractor without equipment.
Similar to the H130 and previous 200CX loaders, the H120 parking mounts are mounted to the mast. To lower it to the park position, simply move the joystick to the up position once the latch is unlocked.
John Deere 1025r Snow Blower
I firmly believe that a small tractor like this should not be overloaded with unnecessary electronics which can be easily damaged making the machine impracticable.
The performance of the backhoe is as impressive as the frontend loader. Like its larger counterparts, it is necessary to lower the rear stabilizer legs to lift the rear wheels from the ground.
The same procedure must be repeated at the front using the front loader as contentment. Combined, this creates a very stable base from which the backhoe can run from.
I can’t really blame the performance of the backhoe. Operating at the comfort of 2, 200rpm, it is extremely responsive while retaining very smooth movement in all directions and having the power to dig its way into the hard ground on our Western Victorian property which has not seen the rain for a while.
The hydraulic pump provides a total of 24 liters per minute and of that, 10.8 is reserved for steering, leaving only 13.2 l/min to the service tools. However, this seems to be quite adequate for every task I try.
- Plan Price: $ 29,120 or $ 364 per month.
- Save over $ 5,600 off the retail price with our 1025R Cab package!
- 1025R Compact Utility Tractor (24.2 hp)
- Fully Enclosed Heated Cab
- 120R Loader with 53 In. Bucket
- 60 In. AutoConnect Drive Over Mower Deck
- 47 Enter. Fast-Hitch Two-Stage Snow Blower
- R3 Radial, R4 Industrial or R3 Turf tires
- 6 Year Powertrain Warranty
- Transport + Setup
A compact tractor pack that can handle anything nature’s throwing at it. Let’s start with the powerful John Deere 1025R compact utility tractor.
Built with a 23.9 hp three-cylinder diesel engine, this tractor delivers responsive and efficient horsepower in nearly any application.
Equipped with a heated cab, this makes the ultimate mini tractor package when it comes to comfort. The cab offers protection from the elements and extends the 1025R tractor’s versatility to work in all climates.
It features a full glass door for maximum visibility that can be easily removed for summer operation. It also includes front wipers with a washer system, headlamps, dual outer mirrors, and a 55 amp alternator.
Now to move the snow we’ve added a 47 inch John Deere snowblower. It has the capacity to handle major snow removal jobs during the Midwest winter.
A tractor package isn’t complete without a loader and lawnmower, so we’ve included a 120R loader with a 53-inch bucket as well as an AutoConnect 60-inch driver-over mower deck.
Put all of this together and you’ll have a machine built for all 4 seasons.
Please note the Load-N-Go and iMatch Quick-Hitch attachments pictured are not included in the package.
- Add iMatch Quick-Hitch for $ 4.50 more per month
- Add Load-N-Go for $ 3.00 more per month
Offer is available for eligible purchases made between February 2, 2021, and May 3, 2021. Financing is subject to JDF approval.
Up to 25% advance may be required. Example: based on a $ 29,200.00 purchase with a $ 7,300.00 down payment, a $ 365.00 monthly payment with a 0% APR for 60 months.
Taxes and shipping charges can increase your monthly payment. Several restrictions apply. Must be in our area of operation. See the dealer for details.