2022 John Deere X350 is a lawn mower offered by John Deere. When they say “Nothing Runs Like Deere”, they mean it. This lawn mower is large, powerful and of high quality.
- 21.5-hp (16.0-kW)* iTorque™ Power System
- 42-in. Accel™ Deep Deck, compatible with optional MulchControl™ kit with one-touch technology
- Twin Touch™ forward and reverse foot pedals
- 4-year/300-hour bumper-to-bumper warranty
John Deere X350 Review
My first lawn tractor was John Deere. It sat in my garage when I was a kid and I remember sitting on it and wanting to mow the lawn, even at a young age. The iconic John Deere brand is renowned for its longevity and reliability. In fact, I went for a hay ride with my little one last weekend and was towed by one of those big John Deere tractors that looked like they were made in the early ’60s.
Today, we’re going to review all the important features of the John Deere X350 – especially the one with the 42-inch deck. While the X350 does come with an optional 48-inch deck, most people with residential properties will stick with the 42.
Key Features: 2022 John Deere X350
- WIDTH: 42 in
- TRANSMISSION: Hydro
- ENGINE TYPE: Gas
- DRIVE TYPE: 2WD
2022 John Deere X350 Engine
When choosing the right size lawn mower for your yard, there are several considerations. The first thing to consider is the size of your page. For those of us with several acres, a no-turn lawn mower will be the fastest way to mow your lawn. Spinless mowers also offer more agility and agile cuts if you are working on circular or corrugated structures or garden beds.
If you own more than half an acre but less than 3 acres, driving a lawnmower is a must. Lawn mowers offer the speed and power of a no-turn mower, but are easier to store and less bulky for tight spaces.
If you have less than half an acre, consider a push mower. You can get a self-propelled push lawn mower that will run for you to help lighten the load. Lawn mowers and especially zero-rev mowers are going to be too big and honestly a waste of power.
Benefits of driving a lawn mower
As mentioned earlier, lawn mowers are perfect for medium-sized lawns that are too large for a push mower, but too small for a no-turn lawn mower. Ride mowers can also fit between two cars in your garage.
In addition, the riding mower comes at a lower price than the no-turn mower and has a more intuitive steering function (steering wheel). Another thing I love about driving a lawnmower is its ability to take on other functions. Some lawn mowers come with a trailer hitch or front-end attachment that allows for things like mini-trailers, snowplow functionality, brush guards, and more. This can help with several other functions around your property besides just mowing the lawn.
John Deere X350 with the 42-inch cutting deck
While I love driving lawnmowers, the John Deere X350 offers some comfort and functionality I haven’t seen on any other device. I’ve reviewed several other riding mowers, but have seen some new gadgets on this one that fascinated me. Let’s check below:
Control panel and ease of use
I’ve covered this over and over in other reviews I’ve done, but remember the control panel on the old riding mower? You have somewhere between a hare and a tortoise and have to turn that spring-powered gearshift and hope it lands on the right one?
Well, those days are gone. Technology has really advanced to an intuitive experience for lawnmower drivers. Close your eyes and imagine – the electronic fuel gauge, battery life, speed, and everything else on the dashboard of your car – in the GRASSMORROW!!!!!
OK – now open your eyes (you should read this, but just follow me) and take a look at the image below:
Pretty cool. Some of the other perks of the control panel include an easy “Mulch-on, mulch-off” switch as well as a cutting height adjustment knob. I like the height adjuster because it gives you inch increments and really allows you to have total easy control over how much length you want in your grass.
2022 John Deere X350 Maintenance
As John Deere tends to do, the John Deere X350 has a 30-second oil change system. I don’t know if it’s possible, but they have a neat-looking tube that you just plug into your lawnmower and it replaces the oil.
One thing I like to see in this mower is the K46 hydrostatic transaxle system. This allows for easier-to-maintain, less “breakable” movements.
Furthermore, the John Deere X350 comes with a bumper-to-bumper warranty of four years or three hundred hours. While I don’t like the transmission, anything that goes wrong in the first four years is still under warranty. It signifies the confidence John Deere has in this range of lawnmowers.
Rideability of the John Deere X350
Similar to other riding mowers, the John Deere X350 has a decent seat back and a traditional foot pedal system for operation. For me, traditional equestrian mowers have always been more difficult to operate because of my height. Most people will find this mower comfortable and easy to use, just like any other riding mower. Unfortunately, nothing really sets John Deere’s X350 apart from its competitors in this department.
Another thing I don’t like about this lawn mower is the absence of an armrest. I really need an armrest when I use the lawnmower and can’t stand it just with my elbows dangling.
Attachments and other fun
The John Deere X350, like other riding mowers, has a function for adding attachments. It can turn your lawn mower from a 4-5 month per year machine to a one-year machine. The X300 Series enables snow blowers, front blades, baggers, canopy and weather covers, sprayers, almost any crane you could dream of, and even a utility cart.
I’ve seen this capability with other riding mowers but was blown away by the breadth of engagement that John Deere has to offer. It looks like John Deere has made a name for itself by trying to offer the most complete set of attachments and being a full-year machine.
2022 John Deere X350 Power
The John Deere X350 offers a 22hp V-twin engine. As you might see in competitors offering Kohler or Kawasaki engines, but John Deere manufactures his own engines. The engine is comparable to the others and allows for a forward speed of up to 5.5 mph and a reverse of 4 mph.
I’ve personally never had a problem with power as I mow on relatively flat ground, but have heard from others that this machine can struggle with hills. The owner’s manual actually refers not to using this mower at an angle greater than 15 degrees.
Lawn Mower Deck
The 42-inch “Accel Deep” lawnmower deck offered by the John Deere X350 is a fine steel deck shell. This deck features a wash port for simple cleaning and an electric power take-off clutch with an in-line belt.
John Deere X350 Cost and Value
Currently, the X350 is listed for $3,499 on John Deere’s website. Regarding the price, I don’t like the value of this mower. In fact, you can get a very slick zero-turn mower for about the same price.
Honestly, I don’t think it’s worth it. While the John Deere mower is great, I can’t imagine this price point for a traditional tractor-driven lawn mower. That being said, inflation is definitely high and that might have a big impact on these prices. Have a look!
2022 John Deere X350 21.5 HP 42 INCH DECK
There are millions of ways to maximize your crop yield and if you don’t know where to start. With the exclusive optional one-touch MulchControl™ technology, three different sizes of Accel Deep™ Mower Decks, and a variety of add-ons for each season, getting the most out of your lawn mowing has never been easier.
READ NEXT: John Deere Gator 825i Dimensions and Review!
2022 John Deere X350 Feature
- Smooth running engine and reliable V-twin air-cooled design
- 42-in. (107-cm) Accel Deep™ (42A) Cutting Machine Deck cuts clean and versatile
- A four-year or 300-hour bumper-to-bumper warranty is standard
- The MulchControl™ system provides superior mulch performance and fast conversion
- Snow removal is the power of grass tractor
- Steering is low power sector and pinion system
- The integrated hydrostatic transaxle efficiently transmits power to the wheels
- Controls and display functions are easy to identify and convenient to use
- The frame is reliable heavy-duty welded steel
- Modern style with functional design enhances appearance and performance
- Comfortable and convenient operator station
- Convenient serviceability with an easy-to-open hood
- Help maintain your lawn mower and lawn with the MowerPlus™ app and connector
- MAXIMUM TOLL CAPACITY: 600 pounds (272 kg)
2022 John Deere X300 Select Series X350
21.5-hp (16.0-kW) iTorque™ Power System
Twin Touch™ front and rear foot pedals
Bumper-to-bumper warranty 4 years/300 hours
Features may include:
Smooth running engine and reliable V-twin air-cooled design
The tractor is powered by the John Deere iTorque power system, a combination of engine features and an exclusive hood design that provides superior towing, even cooling, and durability.
Main machine features include:
- 21.5 hp (16.0 kW)
- Large displacement of 44.3 cu in. (726-cc)
- V-twin air-cooled design that delivers smooth and quiet power
Quality features include:
- Cast iron cylinder liner
- Overhead valve
- Full pressure lubrication
- Replaceable oil filter
- Two-stage air purifier
- Excellent power and performance
- Easy start
- Smooth operation
- The flywheel alternator provides plenty of capacity to quickly recharge batteries and electrical equipment, such as lights or sprayers:
- 12-amp charging capacity
- Set to keep the battery fully charged without the risk of overcharging
The large fuel tank and convenient fuel gauge minimize the number of fuel stops and the possibility of running out of fuel:
- The fuel tank has a large, 3.3-US gal. (12.5-L) capacity for more hours of operation between refills.
- Large, 3-in. The 7.6 cm diameter fuel tank filler hole makes it easy to add fuel.
- Located on the left fender
- Help eliminate spills
- The electronic fuel gauge on the dashboard display allows the operator to easily monitor the amount of fuel in the tank.
42-in. (107-cm) Accel Deep™ (42A) Cutting Machine Deck cuts clean and versatile
- 42-in. (107-cm) Accel Deep Mower Deck is a stamped steel, deep, flat-top design that provides excellent cutting quality, productivity, cleanliness, durability, and versatility. Optimum performance and clipping dispersion are provided, even at faster cutting speeds or on tall grass:
- 4.97-in. Depth (12.6 cm) throughout the deck shell for optimal cutting, mulching, and packaging performance
- Stamped steel design eliminates sharp edges and corners where material can build up and reduces cutting performance
- The lawn mower deck hangs from the vehicle for smooth, even mowing
- Adjustable lawn mower wheel, positioned just above ground level, helps reduce scalping
- 0.25-in. (6.4-mm) increase in mowing height allows the mower to be set at the desired cutting height
- Compatible with the efficient 7-bu (247-L) two-bag cut and throw material collection system
- For use on X330, X350, X354, and X370 Tractors
2022 John Deere X350 Price
People also ask John Deere X350 2022
Q: How much is a John Deere X350 mower?
A: Currently, the X350 is listed for $3,499 on the John Deere website.
Q: When did the John Deere X350 come out?
A: Grass Tractor Type
Original price $3,199 (2016 42-inch)
Original price $3,599 (2016 48-inch )
Q: Who makes the engine for the John Deere X350?
A: The X350 is powered by a smooth-running FS600V iTorqueTM 603-CC V-twin engine made by Kawasaki that produces 18.5hp.
Q: What is the best month to buy a riding lawn mower?
A: Late spring and early summer offer many discount opportunities on everything from yard furniture to yard equipment. Keep an eye out for big sales around Memorial Day (late May), Father’s Day (mid-June), Independence Day (4 July), and Labor Day (early September) for discount lawn mowers.